Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Follow the Humble King


Close to the Roman capitol there is an old building from the days when Christianity was new to the world.  In one of its corridors there is a cross with a figure on it. The artist made a caricature that said; “Aleximo is a fool because he worships Jesus.” On that wall, the artist also wrote all of the Aleximos’ friends considered him as a weird person because he proclaimed Jesus as King. For them, it was crazy that Aleximo declared the Royalty of Jesus because the world never knew of a King that had no possessions who was born in a humble manger. Actually, this artist's thoughts make sense because the idea that we have about royalty is that it is a luxury and you'll live a comfortable life. Jesus was a different kind of King. He was the humblest one, who made his entrance to Jerusalem on a donkey and ate with the poor. 
This King did not use a sword to conquer lands or an army to destroy forts. He only used his compassion and love to break the hardest hearts. The apostle Paul is a good example of this. As a Roman official, he persecuted Christians. He was touched by Jesus and became the strongest missionary in the history of Christianity, as it shown in the Bible in Acts. Jesus, a humble but powerful King, loved sinners like me and came to this earth to rescue sinners, like me.
I know how Aleximo felt because sometimes I have been considered a foolish girl with a “nun soul,” as one of my friends told me. But how can I hide what is inside me? I want to encourage you to think about this humble King and his teachings as something worthy to pay attention to. You will not lose anything, but you will gain so much. God Bless you.
Pray: Dear Heavenly Father, show your love for all the people who read this blog today and lead them in all of their activities. Thank you for sending your son as servant who was King for our salvation. In the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen
"Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress."  Psalm 71- 3.

2 comments:

  1. Do you notice any major differences between here in Canada and when you lived in Columbia in the way people express their beliefs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering that as well and it made me think back to when we had our values auction. Your were so passionate about the religion value at the auction and did it surprise you that others did not express their beliefs as openly?

    ReplyDelete